We would like to take this opportunity to Welcome you as a member to River Ranch and Explain our sign-in and sign-out procedures. We would also like to list our membership fees, guest fees and other fees. We have membership dues that are paid by the property owner only. We also have guest dues that are paid for by the property owner and allows them to bring in people that do not own property inside River Ranch. A Family pass can be used by members to bring in immediate family members that are not property owners. To learn more about these click on the Property Owner Membership, Guest Pass or Family Pass tabs.
ATTENTION RIVER RANCH MEMBERS
- Due to legal issues we are currently updating our files and have come across issues. As of March 1, 2014 we now have to enforce the following.
- Everyone under the age of 18 who comes in with a member that is not their parent must have a signed and notarized Limited Power of Attorney on file.
- All deeds in error must be fixed within 30 days or you will not be allowed to enter the property. Without a corrected deed you do not legally own property in River Ranch.
- No membership cards will be issued until all members, spouses, girlfriends and boyfriends have presented their ID and done the mandatory paperwork. Anyone without this must come in as a guest.
- Everyone 16 years of age and older must get out of the vehicle and sign in. Spouses without spouse cards must present their driver license so we can check paperwork before you enter.
PROPERTY REQUIREMENTS FOR GETTING A MEMBERSHIP
In order to become of member of RRPOA you need to own at least 100% of 0.31 acres of property. The ownership percentages can be found on the Polk County Property Appraisers website. A breakdown for your convenience is found below:
100% - 0.31 acres
50% - 0.62 acres
33% - 0.93 acres
25% - 1.25 acres
12.5% - 2.5 acres
6.25% - 5.0 acres
We have grandfathered in some memberships on property that have multiple owners and those owners have been notified regarding the amount of memberships/property that needs to be owned, examples are below:
0.31 acres – 1 membership
0.62 acres – 2 memberships
0.93 acres – 3 memberships
1.25 acres – 4 membership
2.5 acres – 8 memberships
5.0 acres – 16 memberships
It should be noted that a legally married couple is considered 1 person since in the eyes of the law both spouses have rights to marital property. What this means is that a legally married couple on a 1.25 acre property that owns 12.5% and 12.5% would be considered as owning 25% on that property and would be able to get a membership.
We are providing this information because just owning property in River Ranch does not entitle you to get a membership. You need to own enough property in River Ranch in order to get a membership. The above ratios are based on how the property in River Ranch Acres was originally sold by Gulf America. Originally 1.25 acres of property was sold to 4 people, at the most, who may or may not have know each other (hence 1.25/4 = 0.31 acres). Each of those 4 people on that property were able to get one membership in River Ranch. As the years progressed people added additional people or changed who were on the deeds to these properties, but RR tried to keep only 4 memberships per 1.25 acres. With the amount of properties being bought and sold it became very difficult to determine if members owned enough property so River Ranch decided to make tracking easier by going off the percent ownership of property according to the Polk County Property Appraisers website and grandfather in those from before. This was policy was adopted around 2015.
Sometimes deeds get slipped by the gate and are not caught right away, but above is the policy that River Ranch tries to abide by regarding ownership of property in order to get a membership.